4/23/10

Let's Get Clean

This, my soon-to-be friends, is my first blog in a million years. I had a blog on a different site starting probably from before the term, "blog" came into fruition. So it begs the question: Why would I start a blog on a new service when I currently have one?

  1. Just like shedding your fat pants when you lose a lot of weight, I choose to shed the weight of my previous blog. I just don't feel that the bulk of my life from 2001 until sometime last year is of any importance anymore, and I certainly don't want to read about it anymore. That being said, clearly if there's something relevant, I will mention it here. It goes without saying. I will make a firm effort not to be esoteric here. If there is something worth knowing, and it's not visible in the last few posts, I will refer to it specifically and clearly or link to the post.
  2. Blogger is owned by Google. My new phone is a Droid. I only do web searches using Google. My email service is provided by GMail. If you're not noticing an obvious trend here, I don't know how I can explain it. There's a certain lifestyle, one that one is not born with, that I choose to completely immerse myself in.
  3. I have different goals with this blog. Whether or not it becomes famous and I dye my hair pink and ask Carrie Prejean about her views on "opposite marriage," I would like a more accessible blog this time around. I want to write with careful consideration of the random reader. My previous blog was very personal and very emotional, and though it was completely public, it contains a lot of garbage that only my "friends" at the time could understand the extent of it. First of all, I will not blog if all I have to say can be summed up in a FaceBook status. I hope I will have a nice flow of things to say or mention from my life, but it will not devolve into an amalgum of posts that make me and everyone involved look like whiny teenagers. Note: I don't plan for every blog to be totally insightful, but if I don't have some sort of narrative to give, it's probably not worth mentioning.

I've reached the standard list size of three items, so I'll leave it at that. I won't go into explaining everything "about me" now. You will learn all there is to know simply by reading, which is another goal (ha, four). I will apologize if a lot of my philosophies will be inspired and/or exposed by talking about my job, but when you work full-time, I think it goes hand in hand. If anything, you may walk away learning why I find something that sounds incredibly boring on paper so fascinating in actuality.

This blog has become obnoxious enough. Enjoy my mission statement until something else of value is excreted.

No comments:

Post a Comment